Our student intern, Kate Grimaldi, had been so busy with the Women’s Rowing Big Ten Championship that she didn’t have a lot of time to document all the healthy pasta she was eating. Lucky for us, she is now home from college and back in Seattle. Her mission this summer is to experiment with the freshest local ingredients and create new recipes using Al Dente® Pasta. The first thing she did was head to her farmers market. She and her mom marveled at all the fresh greens and were inspired by the peas, lettuces, lemons and herbs…. They created a new, light, fresh pasta recipe perfect for a summer dinner!
Arugula & Pea Pasta
Yield: 4 Servings
1 Bag Al Dente® Egg Linguine
2 cups frozen peas
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons finely grated lemon rind
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 oz goat cheese, crumbled
Handful and a half of arugula
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta.
- Add the peas in the last minute of cooking.
- Drain the pasta and pea mixture.
- In a summery bowl, mix the pasta and peas with garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and olive oil. Fully toss the pasta.
- Add the goat cheese and arugula and mix until just combined.
For extra flavor and protein they chopped and sautéed prosciutto and added the tasty bits to the pasta.