egg linguine with bleu d’auvergne
It's no surprize that Tom DeVries gave us a recipe combining cheese with pasta. After all, his company, the R.Hirt Jr. Co. in Detroit's Eastern Market, is one of the area's finest distributors of specialty foods and cheeses. They were Al Dente's very first distributor back in 1982.
- Ready Time :
- 12 oz. bag Al Dente™ Pasta
- 4 oz. Bleu D'Auvergne
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
1. Cook pasta as directed in a large pot of salted water.
2. While pasta is cooking, add the extra virgin olive oil to a large bowl and cut the Bleu D’Auvergne into small pieces. Before draining pasta, retain one half cup of the pasta water.
3. Drain pasta quickly and toss with olive oil in the large bowl. Immediately add the retained water and Bleu D’Auvergne pieces and lightly toss until cheese is melted. Serve immediately with crackled black pepper.