pasta with roasted cauliflower, carrots, and onion
Every now and then I like to take a recipe from a cookbook and adapt it to be used with Al Dente Pasta. I use Al Dente Whole Wheat Fettuccine especially so I can prove that nearly any pasta recipe works with Al Dente. As you all know, I love roasting cauliflower, so this recipe was right up my alley.
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 1 tsp.coarse salt
- fresh, ground pepper
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 head cauliflower (about 2 1/2 pounds), cored and broken into small florets
- 1 large red onion, halved and cut into thin wedges
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced on the diagonal
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 ounces Al Dente Pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Optional garnishes. Toasted pinenuts or almonds, fresh lemon juice and zest, toasted bread crumbs.
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Set a large pot of salted water to boil. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss cauliflower sprinkled with turmeric, and onion and carrots with 3 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. (vegetables need to be single layer, so use more than one baking dish if need be. Roast on lower rack until lightly browned and tender, approx.20 minutes, tossing once.
2. Cook pasta in boiling water for 3 minutes.. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta and return to pot. Add cauliflower mixture, Parmesan, and parsley along with remainder of olive oil and the other ½ tsp. of salt; Tossing pasta, gradually add enough pasta water to form a thin sauce that coats pasta. Serve topped with more Parmesan.