This delicious recipe was designed for Al Dente Pasta’s new Whole Wheat Linguine with flax and chia. This Quick and Healthy Bolognese recipe appears on the bag. Pictures by my good friend, Maureen Connolly. Thanks Maureen!
Pasta with Quick and Healthy Bolognese
1 bag Al Dente Pasta, we used Whole Wheat Linguine, but any flavor or cut would be delicious
3 Tbsp. olive oil
3/4 lb ground turkey meat (vegetarians can use chopped mushrooms instead)
1 jar of Monique’s Pasta Sauce
½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large sauté pan, heat 3 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Season ground turkey with salt and pepper and add to sauté pan
- Using wooden spoon, break up meat in pan into bite size pieces. Cook on medium heat until brown on outside and no longer pink in the middle.
- Add jar of sauce.
- Cover sauce with lid and simmer on medium for another 3 minutes.
- While sauce simmers, cook Al Dente pasta as directed
- Serve family style and top with Parmesan cheese!