Pasta with Shrimp, Tomato and Lemon
- 1 bag Al Dente pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1-2 Tomato, diced
- 3/4 tsp. salt (not including salt for cooking water)
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped parlsey
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds or pinenuts, opt
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- In a large skillet heat garlic, tomato, and pepper flakes in oil. Add shrimp and sauté till pink. Add salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta for 3 minutes. Before draining, ladle 1/2 cup cooking water into skillet.
- Drain pasta, adding to skillet with lemon juice, zest and parsley. Salt and pepper to taste.