Roasted cauliflower and carrots with Al Dente is perfect for a chilly fall day.
Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower cored and broken into small florets
- 1 large red onion halved and cut into thin wedges
- 1 Tbsp tumeric
- 1 Tbsp coarse salt
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6-8 oz Al Dente pasta
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced on the diagonal
- fresh ground pepper
- toasted pinenuts or almonds optional garnish
- fresh lemon juice and zest optional garnish
- toasted bread crumbs optional garnish
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Set a large pot of salted water to boil. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss cauliflower sprinkled with turmeric, onion and carrots with 3 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. (vegetables need to be in a single layer, so use more than one baking dish if need be. Roast on lower rack until lightly browned and tender, approximately 20 minutes, tossing once.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 3 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta and toss with the vegetables in the roasting pan to get all the yummy flavors. Add the reserved water, too.
- In a serving dish toss with Parmesan, parsley, salt, pepper and desired garnishes: toasted walnuts, pinenuts, toasted bread crumbs or lemon juice.