Pasta with Tuna, Spinach and Capers
Kasey Passen, one of the most creative cooks I know, just turned me onto Tonnino Tuna! I am obsessed with trying different pasta recipes with their delicious tuna. This recipe is a hands down favorite with my foodie friends!
- 6-8 oz Al Dente Pasta
- 1 jar or can tuna packed in oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 10 oz baby spinach (or more)
- 3 tbsp capers
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 1 tsp coarse kosher salt
- Drain oil from tuna into large skillet. Add garlic and heat on low for 2 minutes.
- Add tuna, spinach, capers and salt to skillet heating gently.
- In the meantime, cook Al Dente pasta for 3 minutes in a large pot of boiling, salted water. Before draining the pasta, ladle ⅓ cup of cooking water to skillet tossing to wilt the spinach.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, then parmesan.
Other delicious pastabilities: add olives, fresh tomatoes or sun-dried tomatoes. You get the idea!
1 thought on “Pasta with Tuna, Spinach and Capers”
Low carb pasta recipes, I love the carba-nada pasta!