Squid Ink Pasta with Shrimp
- 8-12 oz Al Dente pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 tsp. salt (plus salt for cooking water)
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs- parsley or basil
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds or pinenuts, opt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil
- In a large skillet heat garlic and pepper flakes in oil. Add shrimp and tomatoes. Sauté till shrimp are pink and cooked through. Add salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta for 3 minutes. Before draining, ladle 1/2 cup cooking water into skillet.
- Drain pasta, adding to skillet with lemon juice, zest and parsley. Salt and pepper to taste.