Pasta with Chicken, Bacon, and Escarole (Theresa's Favorite)
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs boneless, skinless, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 slices bacon chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp coarse kosher salt
- 1 head Escarole or Spinach cut into large pieces, about 3/4 lb.
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes slivered (optional)
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 1 bag Al Dente pasta
- Heat large, non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and bacon to pan; cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is done, stirring frequently. Add garlic, sauté 30 seconds. Add broth, escarole, tomatoes, and salt. Cover and cook 3 minutes or until escarole wilts.
- In the meantime, cook Al Dente pasta. Drain and toss with chicken mixture. Serve with parmesan.