Peggy Lampman's Pastazanella
- 3 cups Al Dente Bonnetti Pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 heaping cups ripe tomato 1/2 inch pieces (1-2 large tomatoes)
- 2 cups cucumber seeded and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh basil coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion diced
- freshly grated parmesan as desired
- coarse kosher salt as desired
- 2 tablespoons capers
- In rapidly boiling, salted water, cook pasta for 5 minutes. Drain and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Whisk remaining olive oil, vinegar and garlic together
- Toss pasta into vinaigrette and stir in tomato, cucumbers, basil and onion.
- Season to taste with Parmesan, salt and pepper. Let pasta salad sit 30 minutes, or so, for the flavors to combine.
- Sprinkle capers over top before serving.