Cashew pesto with roasted cherry tomatoes
- 12 oz Al Dente pasta
- 1 cup Fresh basil leaves
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half, season with salt, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil. Place tomatoes on a tray and roast for 20 min.
- Cook pasta for 10 minutes then drain leaving a little bit of pasta water in the pot.
- Meanwhile, combine basil, parsley, cashews, parmesan, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender. Pulse until everything is minced up and smooth (and resembles pesto).
- Add cashew pesto to the pot with the drained pasta then toss until pasta is well coated with the pesto. Divide between bowls then top with extra parmesan and roasted cherry tomatoes.
Serve hot or cold. Optional additions: shrimp or chicken.