We all know the saying “Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold”. Well, our motto these days is “Make new pastas but keep the old, the classics are silver and the new ones gold”!
So first let’s talk about our new Piccolo Pastas. Remember from Italian 101 that Piccolo means “little”. Our new little shapes include Golden Egg Bonnetti (little bonnets), Spinach Farfalletti (little butterflies), and Turmeric Pinchetti (little pinches). If you’ve never heard of them before that’s because we invented the names! The shapes are unique, too!
New this year also – our Plant Based Pastas: Organic, Vegan, Gluten Free, High Protein, Non-GMO – these pastas have it all. Healty flavor combinations, too: Chickpea + Turmeric, Green Pea +Wild Garlic and Red Lentil + Sweet Potato.
All of these pastas are really versatile. Perfect in hot or cold dishes, with sauces and dressings of all kinds, tossed with your favorite veggies as a main dish, or add some protein to a dish you already love.
Since some of you have been asking, “How should I prepare this out-of-the-ordinary pasta?”, we’ve gathered a good list of recipes from our Foodie Friends. We hope they will inspire you to create your own recipes. We’d love to have you be a Foodie Friend too, so please share your recipes on Instagram, Facebook, or email us at email@example.com !
Spring Fling Pasta Recipes
Of course, all recipes can be modified to your specific dietary preferences.
- Oil-free Parsley Cashew Pesto (Oil-Free Vegan)
- Red Lentil Pasta with Veggies and Pink Sauce (Oil-Free Vegan)
- Chickpea Turmeric Pasta with Coconut Curry Veggies (Vegan)
- Green Pea Pasta with Citrus Chile Sauce in a Power Bowl (Vegan: replace the fish with vegan protein)
- Peas, Love & Pasta Salad (Vegan)
- Turmeric Pasta and Mango Chutney (Vegan)
- Vegan Pumpkin Seed & Arugula Pesto (Vegan)
- Turmeric Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower-Lentil Ragu (Vegan: Use Plant Based Chickpea + Turmeric Pasta)
- Spicy Garlic & Spinach Bonnetti (Vegan: use Plant-Based Green Pea + Wild Garlic Pasta, leave out the cheese)
- Coconut Lime Curry Shrimp with Turmeric Pinchetti (Vegan: use Plant Based Chickpea + Turmeric pasta, replace shrimp, use local honey or agave nectar)
- Butternut Squash Mac + Cheese (Vegan: leave out the bacon, use dairy-free milk & cheese)
- Spinach Farfalletti with Roasted Corn & Goat Cheese (Vegan: use Plant-Based pasta, leave out or replace cheese)