A Vegan version of the traditional dish adapted by our new Foodie Friend, Monica! Check out her pretty instagram
- 1 half hellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 8 oz fire roasted tomatoes
- 15 oz cannellini beans
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- handful fresh basil, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup Al Dente Plant Based Pasta
- 1 cup spinach
- Saute chopped onion and garlic in olive oil in large saucepan for 3-4 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add chopped green beans and carrots and cook for 5 or so minutes, until they are tender.
- Add zucchini, tomatoes, beans, vegetable broth, and spices/herbs, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and then let simmer for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Add the spinach as well as the pasta and cook for about 3 minutes, until spinach is wilted and pasta is cooked through. Serves 4. Top with Parmesan cheese or vegan cheese, if desired.