Adapted from Vegan Yumminess
Vegan Cashew Mac
- 10 oz Al Dente Chickpea + Turmeric Pasta
- 1 1/4 cup peeled and diced sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- to taste salt & paprika
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta cooking water for sauce.
- Cook potatoes, onion, and garlic in a pot of boiling water until soft.
- Blend pasta water, cooked veggies, cashews, milk, nutritional yeast, and lemon juice until smooth.
- Season with salt, pepper and spices to your taste. Combine blended mixture with cooked pasta, stirring minimally and gently to avoid breaking up the noodles.