By foodie friend @wafflesandwellness
Creamy Tomato Pasta with Sausage
- 8-10 oz Al Dente Pasta Great with Golden Egg Bonnetti
- 2 mild or spicy Italian sausages removed from casings
- 14 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup basil chopped or torn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, then add sausage and saute. Add onions and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until onions become translucent and sausage is browned & cooked through.
- While sausage and onions are cooking, bring water for pasta to a boil; add pasta once water is brought to a rolling boil.
- Add garlic to skillet and saute for 1 minute, then add wine and cook for additional minute.
- Add crushed tomatoes and cream to the skillet. Cover the pan and let simmer for 5-7 minutes. Uncover and cook several more minutes, until sauce has reached desired consistency.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and basil, and then add cooked pasta. Top with additional parmesan cheese, if desired, and serve.