Cashew Pesto Pappardelle
- 12 oz Al Dente Pappardelle cooked according to package instructions
- 1 cup Fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 Bunch parsley leaves removed
- 1/2 cup Cashews
- 1/2 cup Grated parmesan
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground pepper
- Cook pasta according to package instructions then drain leaving a little bit of pasta water in the pot. Cook your chicken sausages if adding the optional protein element.
- Meanwhile, combine basil, parsley, cashews, parmesan, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender. Pulse until everything is minced up and smooth (and resembles pesto).
- Add cashew pesto to the pot with the drained pasta then toss until pasta is well coated with the pesto. Divide between bowls then top with extra parmesan.
- Take it up a notch! Cherry tomatoes for garnish and extra color.