Butternut Squash Mac + Cheese
Our Golden Egg Bonnetti is perfect for Mac & Cheese! Try Adrienne's (@appetites_anonymous) "unbelievably delicious and creamy" mac n' cheese recipe. *Vegetarians - substitute bacon with butter.
- 12 oz Al Dente Pasta
- 4 slices bacon diced
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1 15 ounce can butternut squash puree or soup options: sweet potato or pumpkin puree or soup
- 10 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper optional for heat
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives optional garnish, fresh
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add diced bacon then cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add garlic and shallot to the skillet with the bacon grease then saute 2-3 minutes or until fragrant, stirring frequently. Whisk in flour and dried sage until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Next, gradually whisk in the milk and butternut squash puree then bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and let mixture simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and thickened, about 4-6 minutes.
- Stir in cooked pasta and cheese until melted. Season with salt and pepper (add more to taste, if needed).
- Top with bacon and chives then enjoy!
Check out Adrienne's scrumptious blog here for more amazing recipes, photos, and ideas.
2 thoughts on “Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese”
An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post!
I simply could not leave your web site before suggesting that I really enjoyed the standard info a person provide to your guests? Is gonna be back often to check up on new posts.