Coconut Lime Curry Shrimp
Author: Adrienne from Appetites Anonymous
- 1 lb peeled and deveined large shrimp, thawed
- 12 oz Al Dente pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- healthy pinch of fine sea salt and black pepper
- cilantro, garnish
- lime wedges, garnish
- Heat coconut oil in a large/deep skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add minced garlic and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Whisk in the curry powder, lime zest, and lime juice then cook an additional 2 minutes. Add in honey and cook until melted. Next, whisk in the coconut milk, reduce heat to low, then cook about 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly reduced.
- Increase heat to medium, add shrimp to skillet so that none are overlapping then cook about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are pink and fully cooked.
- Season with a healthy pinch of fine sea salt and black pepper then remove skillet from heat. Divide cooked pasta between four low bowls then top with sauce/shrimp mixture, cilantro, and a squeeze of 1/2 of a lime. Salt to taste. Enjoy!