Spicy Garlic & Spinach Bonnetti
Author: Adrienne from Appetites Anonymous
- 14 oz Al Dente Golden Egg Bonnetti Cooked according to package instructions
- 1/3 cup reserved pasta water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1/2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes extra for garnish
- 10 oz fresh baby spinach
- healthy pinch of fine sea salt and black pepper
- 1 14 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan extra for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve ⅓ cup of cooked pasta water before draining.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, stir in the minced garlic and red pepper flakes then sauté for about 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant. Next, stir in the spinach along with a healthy pinch of sea salt and black pepper and cook until the spinach wilts. Mix in the chickpeas, tomato sauce, and reserved pasta water then cook for about 5 minutes, or until tomato sauce is hot. Finally, stir in the cooked pasta and parmesan cheese until well combined and cheese starts to melt. Remove from heat.
- Divide pasta between bowls then garnish with extra red pepper flakes and grated cheese! Enjoy!