Vegan Alfredo Pasta Sauce with Broccoli & Lemon
- 1 cup Raw cashews
- 1.5 cups Boiling water
- 8 oz Al Dente Pasta
- 1/4 cup Nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 Garlic cloves Minced
- 2 Healthy pinches of salt and pepper
- 1 head Broccoli Sliced into mini florets
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 Lemon Zested
Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- Combine cashews and boiling water in a medium bowl then let sit about 15 minutes or until cashews are starting to soften.
- Meanwhile, cook your Al Dente pasta according to the package instructions.
- After the 15 minutes, combine cashews and water from the bowl in step one along with nutritional yeast, dijon, garlic, salt and pepper in a high-speed blender then pulse until extra smooth.
- Drain pasta then place it back in the pot. Add the vegan alfredo sauce from step three and stir until the pasta is well coated.
Roasted Broccoli & Lemon Zest
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine broccoli florets, olive oil, salt, and pepper on the prepared baking sheet then toss to coat. Roast in the oven until broccoli is starting to turn crispy, about 30-35 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Remove the broccoli from the oven then sprinkle lemon zest over top. Transfer the roasted broccoli to the pot with the vegan alfredo pasta from above. Stir until everything is evenly distributed then serve!