Vegan Alfredo Pasta Sauce with Sauteed Shallots & Mushrooms
- 1 cup Raw cashews
- 1.5 cups Boiling water
- 8 oz Al Dente Pasta
- 1/4 cup Nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 Garlic cloves Minced
- 1 tsp Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Shallots Peeled and thinly sliced
- 16 oz Sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 Pinch of pepper
Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- Combine cashews and boiling water in a medium bowl then let sit about 15 minutes or until cashews are starting to soften.
- After the 15 minutes, combine cashews and water from the bowl in step one along with nutritional yeast, dijon, garlic, salt and pepper in a high-speed blender then pulse until extra smooth.
- Sauteed Shallots & Mushrooms:
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add the sliced shallots, with a bit of salt and pepper. Saute until fragrant and softened, about 2-3 minutes.
Add the sliced mushrooms sauteing until brown and carmelized.
- Cook pasta for 3 minutes in boiling water. Drain. Add back to pot along with alfredo sauce and mushrooms. Stir over low heat until warm