Vegan Alfredo Pasta Sauce with Sweet Potato & Peas
- 1 cup Raw cashews
- 1.5 cups Boiling water
- 8 oz Al Dente Pasta
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 Garlic cloves Minced
- 2 Healthy pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Medium sweet potato Peeled & diced
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 (15oz) Can of sweet green peas Drained
Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- Combine cashews and boiling water in a medium bowl then let sit about 15 minutes or until cashews are starting to soften,
- Meanwhile, cook your Al Dente pasta according to the package instructions.
- After the 15 minutes, combine cashews and water from the bowl in step one along with nutritional yeast, dijon, garlic, salt and pepper in a high-speed blender then pulse until extra smooth.
- Drain pasta then place it back in the pot. Add the vegan alfredo sauce from step three and stir until the pasta is well coated.
Sweet Potato & Green Peas
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add the diced sweet potatoes, paprika, salt and pepper. Toss to coat then cover and let sweet potatoes cook until soft, about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid, stir in the peas, then cover and let cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat then transfer the sweet potatoes and peas to the pot with the vegan alfredo pasta from above. Stir until everything is evenly distributed then serve!