Pasta with Broccoli and Anchovy
I have served this to people who hate anchovies, yet love this sauce! Go figure.
- 1 medium head of broccoli cut into small florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 oz anchovy fillets chopped
- 3 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper
- 6-8 oz Al Dente pasta
- freshly grated parmesan
- crushed red pepper to taste
1.Cook the broccoli in boiling water until just tender, about 5 minutes, then drain and set aside.
2. Place the oil in a frying pan over medium heat and add the anchovies. Mash the anchovies with a wooden spoon, then sauté the broccoli and red peppers for about 5 minutes, adding 2 tablespoons of the butter to thicken the sauce. Add salt and pepper (to taste).
3. Cook the pasta for 3 minutes. Drain, and mix with the remaining butter, cheese and sauce.