Pappardelle with Light Pesto
- 1 bag Garlic Herb Pappardelle
- 1/2 cups basil leaves packed
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 4 tbsp pine nuts
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- fresh mozzarella optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the pesto, add basil, pine nuts, garlic, and parmesan cheese in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper, and adjust to your liking. While the food processor is running, add olive oil slowly until the sauce is emulsified. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Before draining, save 1/2 cup of pasta water. Drain pasta.
- In a bowl combine the pasta with the pesto sauce and pasta water. Stir and serve. Top it off with parmesan or mozzarella cheese.